Prairie Dress

I have actually finished quite a few things between Christmas and now, to my own pleased surprise :-) , but I'll go back to January, and show you something I made for my niece, for her birthday.
012110erinopen

Christmas of 2008 I had made a prairie dress and apron for Miss Rose, and Niece E seemed to really like it. Grandma sometimes takes the girls to square dance events, and Miss Rose eventually won a prize for her costume dress. So, since I had another pattern in (what I hoped was) Niece E's size, I thought a prairie dress would be a nice gift for her too.
012110erinindress
The dress itself is a navy cotton with a purple and lavender tiny floral print, and the apron was made from a very light lilac broadcloth. The bonnet was made from a light purple gingham. It was sort of an unusual combo, but I think it worked.

Niece E really loves it, so that made the project worthwhile. :-)

In the meantime, Miss Rose has grown about six inches, and now needs a new prairie dress again, herself. But there are several WIPs that need done before I get on to that!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Finally Finished Friday - I like. I suppose that if I want to post one, I shall have to Finally Finish something.

The dress et al are very very pretty! I bet my Ben would love that outfit. :P

MoeyMichele said...

Hahaha. Well, I shall have to make him one for his birthday then. :-)

The Arts Collective said...

Hooray!!! it turned out just beautifully!! Miss E looks very pleased indeed! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...