Obligatory Post

This is for you, Deb.

There are no pics, because I haven't taken any.

It's autumn, did you know that? The days are shortening, the dark is lengthening, the temperature is cooling, the furnace is heating.

Leaves are falling. Whoop-de-do. Now I catch glimpses of cars zooming down the freeway, and soon I'll see the whole screaming stream of traffic. Yay for me.

Mosquitoes are biting, squirrels are hoarding, trees are dying or drying or dropping or falling. Clouds are gathering, sunshine is weakening.

Somebody, somewhere, is glad it's autumn. Somebody, somewhere, is happy to see colors changing, and pumpkins, and to be playing in the leaves. Somebody, somewhere, wants to enjoy hot chocolate in front of the blazing fire. Somebody, somewhere, is looking forward to the first snow and icicle eaves.

Yep, all those precious things reminding us that this is autumn, again, in America.

This is autumn. Again. In America.

4 comments:

Deb said...

:(

Soon it will Autumn. With Deb. For a little while. In America. Does that make it a little bit better? Can we just ignore the fact that I will have to come home?

I love you. A lot.

--Deb

MoeyMichele said...

Autumn is going to look very, very lovely in about 1 week.....:-) :-) :-)

Deb said...

Soon it will BE Autumn. Is what I meant.

Can't wait!!!! Now leaving in less than a week! WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Arts Collective said...

Can't tell you how GLAD I am that Deb is coming to cheer you up!! She is GOOD at that and helps cheer me up every week or so! Then we'll be there for Christmas. Maybe that won't cheer you up so much, but at least it will be DIFFERENT!! LOL

Love you XOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...