A Big Trip for Mamma

IMG_1007
 Beautiful Perth

I know, it's been a whole year since I last posted.  Don't take that as a sign that there's been nothing going on around here -- couldn't be further from the truth!  So much has been going on, in fact, that I'm afraid I will never catch up with myself on this blog.  But, never mind -- I'll just quickly show you a few things I've been up to most recently :)

I went to Australia, by myself, for five whole weeks -- a bit of June and the whole month of July.  Can you believe it?  Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa held down the fort here and gave the kids a most fabulous summer.  Proof of that was the fact that few of the kids actually wanted me to come home, if it meant that the wonderful summer trips were over and school would be back in session with boring old me.

Anyway, sooooo much happened on my trip.  It had been five years, so five weeks was barely -- no, not even close to -- enough time to catch up with my wonderful, large family.  A sister, brother, nieces and nephews and cousins I'd not seen for five years -- unthinkable! and lots and lots of gentle, homey, welcoming things I'd missed for so long.  The sunshine, the grapevines, the ocean, the stars -- the Milky Way stretching like a long thin cloud across the crystal-clear night sky.

My youngest brother got married and my youngest sister had her seventh baby while I was there.  The kids were all on school holidays, too.  It was such a joyful trip and felt like one long celebration.

IMG_1008
The ferry that takes you across to the Zoo.
IMG_1012
IMG_0896
Surfers at Scarborough
IMG_0898


IMG_0904
In Jeremy and Thi's back yard
IMG_0905

IMG_0947
Jeremy and Thi
IMG_0957
Thi's sister and dresses of her own design and construction
IMG_0953
Nieces and nephews
IMG_0965
Beautiful sunny-morning brunch reception in the Swan Valley
IMG_0982


IMG_0984
Sweet-E
IMG_1003
At the hospital, my favorite! Salad Rolls
IMG_1018
New baby W
IMG_1081
A get-together with the awesome ladies of the Down-to-Earth forums
IMG_1086
Inspirational knitting -- Waldorf Doll and wardrobe by one of the DTE ladies
IMG_0893
Escaped alpacas visiting mom and dad's
IMG_0895
Breakfast out with Jeremy and Thi
IMG_1021
Fremantle
IMG_1022


IMG_1026
Kailis fish and chips -- the best on the whole trip
IMG_1087
Cooking out with Josh and Paula
IMG_1111
IMG_1070
IMG_1067
Me, my sisters and mommy

IMG_1031
Out for Devonshire Tea -- Lavender scones, strawberry-lavender jam, clotted cream, and tea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Moey! So glad you had a great time. You deserved this and so much more! -your hubby

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful time!

MoeyMichele said...

Thank you! I really, really did :)

MoeyMichele said...

Thanks for making the impossible possible :)

Deb said...

Please come back! :( lol

Deb said...

It isn't right here without you! :( Miss you so much.

Unknown said...

what a fabulous trip! so special. Your pictures are beautiful, and the last pic, tea and scones, have my mouth watering! So happy you were able to be there for a time, and what a wonderful family you have, on both sides of the ocean. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...