Visiting On Wednesday

Hi! So glad you could visit again today!

Sorry you missed lunch, but it was just leftovers for me, and cheese, toast and fruit for the boys. Miss Rose and Joman are at their waldorf farm program today, and the Princess is sleeping. You've arrived at a good time. :-)

I've just finished cooking up some playdough to keep the boys occupied while we visit. We haven't had playdough for a very long time; and last time, I didn't color it, so Jr Spragus thought it was real dough, and tried to eat it. Ooops.
Now, if I just pop it here on their table, with the cookie cutters, how long do you think it will take them to discover it?

About 30 seconds. :-) Children can sense "new" a mile off.

What shall we do while the boys are occupied? I'd like to take the afternoon and, maybe, work on some crafts that are laying away, waiting to be finished.

The trouble is, deciding which one to work on?

This year's afghan?

Last year's little boy Christmas present?

Last year's crewelwork?

Maybe the Noah's Ark cross-stitch for the baby's room -- 2 babies ago....

Or -- I know -- we could finish up this scrapbook page...

Hmmm...could get out the machine and complete Joman's BBQ apron....it should fit Jr Spragus by now....
Maybe put the backing on the Spring, 2004, tablerunner...

Or, you could show me how to back and quilt this quilt top from 2002....

Oh...it would be easy enough to finish the Disney scrapbook I started in 2000...

Or, finally complete this cross-stitch I started as a gift for Grandma C back in 1997...

I wouldn't really even know where to begin to end this cross-stitch I tried to design when I was in 9th grade -- in 1986....


Oh, my, reminiscing gets you nowhere and everywhere, doesn't it!! And here, a new, sweet project is about to wake and need a feed and some love. The time just flies...and the projects have been put away, once again, for another day.

Speaking of the little Princess, I do believe SOMEBODY made a comment about her hair?

Problem recognized and remedied, MAMMAM.

Little Jr Spragus has been completely engrossed in his playdough art for hours now, and Woby's in bed napping. Here, Jr's made 2 strawberries, an orange, a "tormado," a blueberry sandwich, 2 whatsits, and a blue bowl to keep them in. Clever bubba. :-)

I'll take a quick nap before the soccer game, too, since the Princess was up until almost 3am (but then, she did sleep for 6 1/2 hours straight) and I had to get up on time to have the older two out the door to their program...so I'm tired....

Come along to the game! Joman is a star. Well, to us, he is.



The game was won, although none of us actually figured out what the score WAS, but we think it was 3-1. The important thing is that Joman did well, and he scored one of the goals. He played halfback and forward today.

Daddy -- isn't he the picture of the BEST kind of soccer dad.


Hope to see you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Deb said...

What a trip down memory lane, Moey. I think you should preserve some of those old projects for posterity. :-) I can and will show you how to back and quilt that wallhanging, if you will let me. One does start to wonder though, whether perhaps you prefer to leave your craft projects unfinished? :-P

That hat! On that baby! :-D Beautiful. Love it!

Thanks again, see you tomorrow!

--Deb

The Arts Collective said...

I do remember almost every one of those crafts...they have become sort of a calendar of memories, haven't they! Oh, now I get how Jr got the idea about crocheting a hat for "Kaffrine"!! That is so gorgeous!

Love you XOXO

Ways of Zion said...

how lovely! I've popped by and enjoy your bolg so much. This post made me smile as I have boxes of similuar crafts waiting to be finished!

14xMommy said...

Play Dough recipe, Pleeeeeeese????

MoeyMichele said...

No Problem, Shelly! It's the one from the MOMYS cookbook, doubled, but just in case you don't have the cookbook, I'll quickly post it here, verbatim.

14xMommy said...

Thankyou Tons :-D I don't have the momys cookbook....the recipes are too small. ;-)

ScottsHelper said...

wow, I'm inspired by all your crafty creations! Wish I had more time to do those fun projects!
ScottsHelper
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/domesticlegacies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...