Playdough Recipe

For Shelly, who wanted the playdough recipe from yesterday: (Thanks to MOMYS cookbook)
(I doubled this recipe yesterday)

Homemade Playdough

1 c. flour
1/4 c. salt
2 Tbsp cream of tartar

1 c. water
1 Tbsp oil

food coloring

Mix dry ingredients in medium saucepan. Combine wet ingredients and add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat and stir (about 3 to 5 minutes.) It will look like a globby mess and you will be sure it is not turning out...but it will. When it forms a ball in the center of the pot, turn out and knead on a lightly floured surface. Store in airtight container. Recipe works well doubled.

6 comments:

14xMommy said...

THANKYOU, MOEY!! I'm going to try it as soon as payday rolls in. :-)

Deb said...

I made this for my kiddos yesterday, and they thank you for putting the idea into my head! :-)

--Deb

14xMommy said...

Is the cream of tartar essential?

MoeyMichele said...

Doubt it :-). I can't for the life of me figure out what it's in there for -- but all the PD recipes call for it. I imagine it'll work out fine without it. :-)

14xMommy said...

I'll try it with out, and let you know if disaster strikes, lol. :-)

Anonymous said...

add about 1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla (claear, if you can, regurlar if you don't have clear) it makes it smell like store bought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...