School Starts Tomorrow

With a little encouragement from my dear hubby, I feel a lot more positive about school now.

I was feeling so discouraged and downhearted the past few days, and not at all up to the task of teaching these kids anything. But the reality is that I am much more organized than I used to be, and things are going pretty well in general.

Sometimes I don't feel supported in homeschooling, which definitely makes a tough task tougher, and the past few days I definitely felt that way. Much of it due to miscommunication. But we are sorted now :-).

Of course, this year I am adding a newborn and a new homeschooler to the mix, but I have worked out how to manage the household tasks more or less successfully. Things should be okay as long as I continue to recover from childbirth well, and as long as everyone stays healthy. I can see the balance would be easily upset.

I think we are ready, or as ready as we are going to be, to start.

Thanks for the encouraging comments, too. :-)

4 comments:

Deb said...

Moey, you are my homeschooling heroine. Love you so much, and still think you are awesome, and probably even moreso now, and wanna be just like you when I grow up, and stuff. :-)

The Arts Collective said...

Me, too! ;)

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help from this end. I don't know what that would BE exactly, but maybe there's something....we'll pray for you too!
Love you XOXO

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you this week:) Let us know how school is going. This is our third year homeschooling our daugters 14 and 11.

At first I worried about what our family would think pulling them out of public school and homeschooling them. We starting thinking we are the parents and we know what is best for them.

I used to go help the teacher during the week and I saw what they did all day which was not much. I know with all my heart I am doing the (right thing and so are you!)

I will be praying that you have a blessed week:)

Renee

Linda said...

I have nominated your blog for an award! Please come by my blog to pick it up.

Have a good week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...