The Newport Aquarium

Saturday we went to the Newport Aquarium in Northern Kentucky.

The day was warm for early February.I have a thing for turtles. I mean, I don't actually want to touch one, feed one, water one, or live with one, but I kind of like them. In a zoo.How about this mammer jammer? A dear family with a teenage Down's Syndrome son was splitting a gut over this lovable face. It is a turtle. Of some kind. Which I can't be bothered looking up.

The fish tunnels were pretty okay. I'd like them better if they had conveyor belts to stand on like AQWA did but that's just because I'm lazy and also it reminded me of the Jetsons, which is always cool. The piranhas just sat, almost motionless, waiting for some hapless prey to climb in. I can see that, if you were to try to cross an infested river, you would have a really hard time seeing these critters, since they don't move.Love, love, love the jelly fish. I can't believe I didn't get a shot of the jellyfish couch in the jellyfish room.Not quite as big as a hammerhead, but getting there.
Totally unrelated photo.

Guess the conversation that happened right before this photo was taken:

(Mamma:) Jr, don't wake the Baby.

(Jr:) mumble mumble.

(Mamma:) Jr, don't go upstairs, you'll wake the Baby.

(Jr:) mumble mumble mumble.

(Mamma:) Jr, I said DON'T GO UPSTAIRS, YOU'LL WAKE THE BABY

(Jr:) giggle giggle giggle, sproing sproing sproing

(Baby:) giggle giggle giggle, sproing sproing sproing

(Mamma:) Grrrrrrrr!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should write a book some day - you always make me laugh! Thanks again for helping the story come alive!!

tamlovesran said...

Great photos! Can you believe that I've never been to an aquarium? We have one in Atlanta that is supposed to be pretty good. We've been meaning to go but just haven't taken the time.


Tammy

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog, as always! We miss you guys so much. Glad you're having fun. Love, Han

Deb said...

ROFLOL! Jr is sure good for a laugh these days... ;-)

KarenW said...

Great pictures! I've been to the Tennessee aquarium and I've heard there's one in Norfolk. They're so much fun.

Alipurr said...

that crib pic will likely be a treasured photo/memory in years to come. :)

The Arts Collective said...

Loved the blog!! It was interesting to see and read the comparison with AQWA. And I could just imagine Jr and Baby tee-hee-heeing and sproinging away!! Ha ha!!
Love you

KitKat said...

You always make me smile when I read your blog. :)

Deb said...

POST SOMETHING!!!!

:-P

MoeyMichele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan AKA Wammy said...

I msut agree wit the "family friendly" thing at the NA...the day we ventured out with a newborn, a new walking toddler and a 5 year old...we couldn't take the stroller in. Talk about carrying someones heavy load. They do need to rethink a few things. I have learned to never eat there. We always take a cool snack so when you go thru the snackbar area we have something way more cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...