Jewels' Stars -- Additional Info

I know that many people love Jewels from her blog, Eyes of Wonder, and loved her stars. A long while back, I did make stars that are, as best as I can tell, pretty much exactly like the ones she had made. They are shown in this photo.

If you wanted to make stars just like hers, you will need to cut your tissue pieces with a ratio of 1:2 -- for instance, the large star above was made from 3"x6" pieces. I adapted that to a 3"x5" size so it would be easier to measure and cut with a regular 3"x5" index card. But if you look, you will see that the stars do look slightly different because of the way the folded tissue overlaps.

Just thought you ought to know :-)

This is such a fun craft!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I made them! (the earlier stars, not these, but I'll give these a try, too, as I wondered what happened if you changed the ratio). I love them -- they just make the room look so bright and crafty and homey, and so many people have commented on them. (I'll put a little post up soon if you want to see how they turned out). Thanks again!

kozimom said...

My girls are trying this craft right now! I sure hope they turn out like your's!
By the way, I'm from CMOMB. And - I,too, miss Jewels' blog :(

Jan AKA Wammy said...

I'm going to go right in the kitchen and start making more stars. We have them everywere and love them. I think we will have to make some white ones if it snows again. Thanks so much for sharing them.

kozimom said...

Well, they made some and they turned out beautiful!
Thanks for your post and the helpful photos.

MoeyMichele said...

So glad you ladies enjoyed them!

I miss Jewels so much, don't you? COME BACK JEWELS!!!!

Jeremy Randall said...

Hey Moey, those stars look pretty neat!
I'd be tempted to make some myself apart from the fact that I'm a guy and I'd be labeled weirdly for doing it. But, I might make some anyway... my own little secret.... mwahahahahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...