Christmas Eve 2010

IMG_4418couchtb
The night before Christmas, I was up way, way late --finishing a certain little boy's Christmas stocking, and wrapping presents, and baking cookies, and cleaning -- we were to host the big Christmas gathering the next day.

IMG_4417christmastreetb
In the wee hours of Christmas morning, while I had my Anne Sofie von Otter
and Libera , and-- to my surprise-- public radio playing gorgeous Christmas and sacred music, I finally finished my work and sighed a contented, quiet sigh.

IMG_4423manteltb
Everyone was sleeping, and the house was so peaceful -- dark, but for the Christmas lights and the candles -- and the snow was falling outside.

IMG_4425cookiestb
I iced the cookies, and filled the stockings -- which were too full for the pushpins on the mantel --

IMG_4422stockingstb
and, like everyone else, I fell into a warm bed, and fell into a sweet and peaceful sleep.

IMG_4427ellietb

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love this. Your decorations are so pretty. I hate not having Christmas with you guys. It sucks. :(

MoeyMichele said...

Yes, it does! :((((

The Arts Collective said...

So beautiful, Moey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...