Gater's Third Birthday and a Trip to the Museum

IMG_5359katyblocaketb
I think the next several posts are not going to totally be in chronological order. I don't know why, I think I just got bored with that. Anyway, perhaps you would like to see what we did for Gater's 3rd birthday.

IMG_5328katemuseumtb
Daddy took the day off work in honor of her birthday, since Joman had cross-country training that night and there wouldn't be enough time to celebrate otherwise.

Miss Rose dressed Gater in an appropriate princessy-dress (the same one Miss Rose wore for her fourth birthday -- a Princess Party!) and off we went on a special outing.

IMG_5329katemuseumtb
We made a re-run to the Cincinnati Museum at the Union Terminal. I took the kids there in May for a free school function, but we weren't there five minutes when Roks threw up, so we hastily left. He was mortally disappointed, as the museum is expensive and we hardly ever go. This time, we bought a membership. Clever of us, hey!

IMG_5332anniemuseumtb
We thought the little girls especially would have fun in the Children's Museum part. It really is a super-fun place, all hands-on and interactive.

IMG_5330katemuseumtb
It was a crazy noisy place when we were there, overloaded with preteens who were loaded up on pop-tarts and off their medication for the summer (true story, I heard it in the bathroom,) but the little kids managed to have a really fun time, anyway. There was a shop to buy groceries from, a cafe, a house, cars to drive and fill with gas, a post office, mailboxes at every station, a nursery, a veterinary office, a water discovery center, buildings and construction "vehicles" and so much more.

IMG_5334katemuseumboattb
One of my favorite parts is where they have all different kinds of homes, from all over the world, to go in and have a look at. That was really interesting.

As an aside, I kind of want a yurt.

IMG_5336katetobymuseumtb

IMG_5337rohantobymuseumtb
Roks and Bert got to visit the state where they were born! Western Australia. This was a display of some Aboriginal folks who live up north of the state, and below, is a letter the little boy wrote about Perth, the capital city where my little boys were born.

IMG_5338perthmuseumtb
Pretty cool!

IMG_5339rohanmuseumtb
I guess all the continents were represented, and there were drums and thumb pianos and all sorts of things to play with.

IMG_5342katetobyvetstb
Gater and Bert spent the most time at the veterinary clinic. They looked at x-rays and examined their animals.
IMG_5345katevettb

IMG_5347rohanmuseumtb
Roks got to play at his dream job in the cafe. He constantly talks about having a restaurant. He informed us that when we die, he is turning our house into a restaurant. There was more to that conversation, which was very funny, but I can't remember it now.

He can be a bizarre child.

IMG_5357katycake2tb
When we got home in the afternoon, we had cake-and-present time. Gater had requested a "Dora Princess" cake, and that is what she got. It occurred to me that I post a lot of pictures of these type of decorated cakes, which are so simple and cheap to do that a broke monkey could do it, and perhaps I should do a tutorial. I will try to do that tomorrow.

IMG_5361katycake
Miss Rose had made a whole box of Easy-Bake Oven mixes for Gater. It was a great effort, and Gater was so excited to receive them. We haven't baked any yet, but we will.

IMG_5366katebedtb
And Gater's present from Mamma and Daddy was her very own big-girl Princess Bed, with all the beautiful Princess bedding. She has been sleeping in a crib this whole time, and she was finally ready to move up.

IMG_5368katebed
I think she had a great birthday.
Happy Birthday, Gater!

6 comments:

The Arts Collective said...

Thanks for posting the great birthday! It looked like plenty of fun from beginning to end. The little girls are growing so fast and getting prettier and prettier! Love you XO

Deb said...

Hey, yes I do need that tutorial. Make it snappy, missy. I have birthdays coming up and I know Ben would love a Dora cake just like that. ;)

In other news, I LOVE THAT MUSEUM and I don't understand why Perth doesn't have one just like it. Perth hates children, I think.

Also, that photo of Wanny is kinda breathtaking. Her eyes!! Wow.

MoeyMichele said...

Ya know, Deb, it was kind of funny, but when we were at the Children's Museum, I commented to T about how alike our home was, on a smaller scale. I know you have similar things going on at your place, so we *all* have it going on anyway, museum or no museum. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this tip!

gina4 said...

Thank you for sharing. You are blessed with a beautiful family! Brilliant & loving mom you are!

MoeyMichele said...

Aw thanks! I'm overseas right now and missing them so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...