Brass Tacks Cookies

Simply the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1 scant tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


note: this recipe is so good it's the first one to be entered into my new journal!

Cream the butter and sugar; add eggs and beat in one at a time. Mix in the vanilla, the salt and the baking soda dissolved in the hot water.

Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.


Place generous spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking tray.

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. The cookies should be very lightly browned and JUST set.

Try to stop at two.


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Moey -

These look great! Thanks for visiting my blog. We do read alot of the same things, it seems. Great minds think alike, I guess. ;0)

I hope you'll visit me again...

Deb said...

Mmmm, Moey I am making some of those with J today! :-) Yuuuuuum!!! Also have to make bread, and I'm just hoping it looks as good as Miss Rose's did earlier in the week. :-D

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to steal all of your recipes! ;-) These look fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...