B P B & J Muffins

Because Roks wanted a treat today.

05090007muffins

Banana Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins.

05090006roksmuffin

MMMMMMM.

Okay, here is the, um, "recipe." LOL

More accurately described as "approximately what was in these here muffins." (Made 18 muffins)

WHISK THESE WET INGREDIENTS TOGETHER WELL:
2 largish ripe bananas, mashed
1 C buttermilk
3/4 C peanut butter
1 egg

MIX THESE DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER WELL:
2 C flour
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

RESERVE:
Jam (I used seedless blackberry, about 1/2 cup)

NEXT:
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.

Fill baking cups 1/3 full (I used paper baking cups in case the jam leaked out and stuck.)

Make a little indent in each cup of batter. Place 1/2 - 1 tsp jam in each indent. Top with the remaining batter and try to enclose the jam because it will be wanting to find a way out of your muffin.

Bake 375 for 15-20 minutes (mine took 20).

Cool, and glaze with peanut butter glaze (below).

GLAZE: MIX TO SPREADING CONSISTENCY

Glaze: 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 C powdered sugar
milk to thin to glaze consistency
a drop of vanilla

Good luck with THAT recipe. Ha ha.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Hey, RECIPE. Alright??!

MoeyMichele said...

Wha....what recipe?

Great, now you're gonna make me think.

Deb said...

Oh I see. Just your sheer genius burning again, I guess. Man they look so good though! :)

MoeyMichele said...

They are good. I'll just, um, write what I put in them, but it's not technically a "recipe", okay? So if they don't turn out, it's not technically my fault. Cool?

Anonymous said...

I am SO gonna make these. I have leftover vanilla buttercream from James's cake which will do for the glaze...

Deb said...

Thanks a million Moey, I might even go buy some bananas just so I can make these. :P

Love you!!

--Deb xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...