A Gift for a Friend

05090710lemoncurd

Remember this post?

Well, our dear friend has been faithfully delivering Panera bread and bagels as often as she has them -- usually, weekly.

I have thanked her, but wanted to do something a (very little) bit special for her, since it's Mothers' Day coming up and she has always been an example of a mothering, gentle heart, to me.

She was the first person I ever knew personally who homeschooled, braided rag rugs, made tortillas from scratch, home birthed, belonged to a food co-op....
in short, she was a whole new breed of woman to me as a young wife and new mother.

She nurtured me and was always available to help me out when I needed it. If I was sad, or hurt, her eyes would fill with tears.

Her advice and help was in action, not words.

And it still is, now, about 13 years and a lot of life-changes later.

Thankyou, M, and Happy Mothers Day!

(oh -- in the crocheted box: two crocheted dishcloths; a box of Celestial Seasonings Fruit Sampler tea; a bottle of Mrs Meyers Geranium-scented Dish Soap (smells wonderful!), and space for a jar of freshly-made, still-warm lemon curd.)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Whoa. That's awesome! :) Looks really pretty, Moey. I bet she'll love it!

--Love, Deb

MoeyMichele said...

Well, this story has not had a good ending yet...she didn't come today with bread, so I sent DH around to her place to drop it off...and they weren't home, and all the curtains drawn. Sure hope they aren't on vacation or something! Try again tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...