Forgive the Brevity...

...I'm just trying to get back into the habit of posting. I don't really have anything to say. I have a few pics to show you of stuff I've made recently.

20091217_10jessgracemae
These are three little girls I made for my three little nieces in Australia. They are from a 1973 Holly Hobbie pattern. When I was little, my mom made the same dolls for myself and my girl cousins. It was a lot of fun to see them "come to life" again.
20091225_75girlsdollies

And here are my other niece (on the left) and my two daughters with the little girls I made for them.

I have two more to make for two baby girlies yet to make their arrival. I have all the stuff but not the energy. :-)

8 comments:

The Arts Collective said...

Such a sweet photo--I love the smiles!! XO

Alipurr said...

aww, these dolls are so beautiful and sweet....also reminds me of the Raggedy Ann pattern my mom got me last year that I have never done anything with yet....my Grandma made me 2 Raggedy Anns and my brother a Raggedy Andy....

Anonymous said...

Jess loves her "olden days" doll, which she has named Daisy....thanks so much Auntie Moey.XXXX

Alipurr said...

aww, these dollies are so sweet...love them, Moey
loved holly hobbie as a little girl
almost inspires me to dig out that raggedy ann pattern my mom bought me off ebay :)

Alipurr said...

ok...so funny, moey....what does that say about me? when i left a comment here in 2010, forgot about it, then commented again....yikes...maybe i need a nap :)

Jenny said...

Oh they are gorgeous. You did such a good job and they turned out so well. Now I will have to get my act together and try one.

Juliana said...

The dolls are simply gorgeous! I also have this pattern and have been wanting to make it for years. What material did you use to make the head?

MoeyMichele said...

Little nylon, lace-trimmed socks from the girls' sock aisle at Walmart. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...