Tea Rooms and Other Dreams of Mine

Ya know what I would really *love* to do? Something that's been a dream of mine since I can remember?

Have a tearoom. A lovely tearoom in a lovely garden that serves up lovely scones and jam and cream, and homemade pies, and isn't overly girlified or stultifying or la-de-dah.

I wouldn't require people to come at 11am OR 2pm; I wouldn't require reservations months in advance; I wouldn't act like tea was some magical potion; I wouldn't charge $20 a head.

I wouldn't tell people how to eat their scones or how to drink their tea.

I'd have tables set up in the garden and allow people to arrange pretty parties for their pre-teen girls. I'd make little quiches and fairy bread and pikelets and melting moments.

But men and boys would be welcome too, and not feel out of place -- I'd have whopping huge, warm scones, and big salad sandwiches.

It would be awesome.

6 comments:

Alipurr said...

I'd be there tomorrow, and help you wash dishes :), and we could sew, crochet, and teach school in between :)

Deb said...

That sounds delightful. :)

MoeyMichele said...

Why don't you both come and help me with it? :-)

The Arts Collective said...

Sounds like a little bit of heaven....

~Kathy~ said...

That sounds lovely. :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a tearoom I'd like to visit and a place where my son would feel comfortable as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...