Sign of a Desperate Woman

sign

knit tatt

tutu

stockings new knitters

new stocking

hollis 2

I went to knitting group this morning.  It was awesome.  I stayed until three, just as if I had absolutely nothing else in the world to do today.  I go there to get away from the cray-cray in this house. 

How about that tatt?  If I ever got a tatt, that would be it.  I used to sit in geometry class with this girl over 20 years ago.  I had no idea she was going to grow up to be that cool.
 
Much hilarity, much fun, crazy knitting ladies.  The leader/teacher/head cray-cray is running a Christmas stocking competition, so most of the knitters are working on stockings.  Most of the knitters are very new knitters.  The one in the tutu, whose head I cut off for sake of dignity, came in asking to learn how to "do that thing with the two sticks."
 
Lots of work done today, three Christmas stockings finished, and I finished up both my little cardigans for my little girls, plus a sleeve on the new pink cardigan for Gater.
 
Really, all I want to do is knit and knit and knit.  I don't really want to think about yard sales and packing and cleaning and moving and selling the house and fall and upheaval and stress.
Knitting.
How about you?


7 comments:

Deb said...

Oh I'm totally with you. I'd much rather knit than clean and reorganise and declutter my whole house (it really, really, really needs to be done though!). Making pie wouldn't be bad either, yep I could handle making pie. Making and EATING pie and knitting...I may never clean my house again. :) Love you!!

--Deb

Deb said...

I forgot to say, well done on that second sweater! It looks really really good.

Deb said...

Me again -- did you do the second sweater knitting through the back of the stitch? It looks different. :)

MoeyMichele said...

What exactly *is* the point of cleaning house? With my six and your seven, I mean seriously -- why bother? ;)

MoeyMichele said...

Thanks :) It turned out slightly smaller (and shorter) than the green one but it's still too big for Wannie. Should have made her a long 2. Of course. I should have thought of that -- she's so tall and narrow.

MoeyMichele said...

Yep, I did. I wasn't skeered this time. Funny how it does look different -- I think with a matte yarn you probably wouldn't notice it but the gloss of this yarn picks it up. :)

The Arts Collective said...

I so loooove your blog and your posts, Moey! The cardis came out just beautifully, and I can't wait to see the pink one too. I'm sending you a message on FB about another little "hobby" you might like to do Dec/Jan. Love you! XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...